- 1 Lawyers provide advice on conditions and procedures for filing foreign trademark registration applications directly in Vietnam
- 2 Trademark registration lawyers conduct a search process of protection registration capacity:
- 3 A dossier of application for foreign direct registration in Vietnam comprises:
- 4 Fees:
- 5 Application form
In the era of economic integration, many foreign enterprises are also actively investing in Vietnam. These businesses are very interested in the protection of trademarks and brands in Vietnam. In case the applicant wishes to build and develop their brand, export goods / provide services in Vietnam, they can choose in the following ways:
– Through an IP organization of Vietnam to apply for registration of trademark protection directly in Vietnam.
– Registering an international trademark under the Madrid Protocol.
– Registering an international trademark under the Madrid Agreement.
Lawyers provide advice on conditions and procedures for filing foreign trademark registration applications directly in Vietnam
The advantage of direct trademark registration in Vietnam is that it does not have to go through the International System (WIPO) and not pay any fees to WIPO.
Foreign individuals/organizations wishing to register a trademark in Vietnam must not directly submit the registration application but must go through the Intellectual Property Lawyer Organization – Industrial Property Representative in Vietnam to make the registration. sign this.
Trademark registration lawyers conduct a search process of protection registration capacity:
- Lawyers with intellectual property expertise will help individuals/businesses wishing to register international marks in this form to conduct a prior search to assess the possibility of trademark registration so as to avoid risks. so when an international trademark application is rejected because it is confusingly similar to a protected trademark or trademark application.
- After fulfilling the above conditions and ensuring that your trademark is not confusingly similar to an application or trademark already protected in Vietnam, the trademark registration lawyer will apply on behalf of the business. Trademark registration at the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
A dossier of application for foreign direct registration in Vietnam comprises:
- Trademark registration declaration;
- The attached trademark form (06 samples);
- Power of attorney (Required and submitted through industrial property representation service organizations in Vietnam);
- Priority bill (if any);
- Proof of previous use (if any);
- Application fee: VND 150,000
- Application publication fee: VND 120,000
- Search fee for TND: VND 180,000 / 01 group of products and services
- Search fees for products and services 7th onwards: VND 30,000 / 01 product or service
- Content evaluation fee: VND 550,000 / 01 group of products and services
- Content evaluation fee for the 7th product/service onwards: VND 120,000 / 01 product or service.
Practicing organizations of Intellectual Property Lawyers in Vietnam will apply for trademark registration directly at the competent authorities in Vietnam, specifically:
The applicant may submit a request for amendment of the application in person or by post service to one of the Intellectual Property Office’s receipt points, specifically:
- Office of Intellectual Property Office, address: 386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City.
- Representative office of the NOIP in Ho Chi Minh City, address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, 17/19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Representative office of the National Office of Intellectual Property in Da Nang City, address: 3rd Floor, 135 135 Mang Mang, Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Danang City.
In case of filing a request for amendment of the application by post, the applicant needs to transfer the money via postal service, then photocopy the money transfer receipt and enclose the application dossier with one of the applications receiving location payment has been made to prove the amount paid.
Filing an application for a foreign trademark directly in Vietnam is extremely complicated, requires full and complete compliance with the Intellectual Property law in Vietnam, and is required to be submitted through a Representative industrial property in Vietnam. Therefore, the application owner should contact the Intellectual Property Lawyer – Industrial Property Representative in Vietnam to consult and handle the application.